15 August 2017

CREATEFUL HEART DIGIS & DESIGN - 1ST DT POST FOR 1ST BLOG CHALLENGE; A LOT OF FIRSTS ALL ROUND

Have you heard of Createful Heart Digis & Design? Well if you haven't yet, let me tell you about them. A few months ago, Andrea from Sheepski Designs mentioned on her Facebook Group, Mary Smith who was starting an Etsy shop with her creations.  Well, Gail always checks out any digis recommended by anyone and I was immediately taken by Mary's cat digis.  I am a sucker for cat digis, stamps, paper, anything!  I bought them immediately, as we all do, and joined her Facebook group where Mary started a mini-challenge, even offering a couple of freebies to add to my collection.  I was posting my creation on her page, when I noticed her post for DT applications.  I thought OK, procrastinator Gail (big time) should give this a go, a new digi store, early days, what can I lose.  Well, the outcome - I am on the team, hooray, streamers, balloons, the works, I am so happy to be in this little family.  We are starting on the ground floor and have graduated from a mini-challenge on Facebook to our 1st Blog Challenge over at http://createfulheartcards.blogspot.com.au/ starting on 15th September 2017.  It is an "Anything Goes" challenge and all the rules are here http://createfulheartcards.blogspot.com.au/p/challenge-rules.html. Drop in and meet the team http://createfulheartcards.blogspot.com.au/p/meet-team.html.  I think this is the first time a photo has gone up of me, not real good at selfies but Mary wanted one, so whatever the boss wants, the boss gets!
For my first creation for Createful Heart Digis & Design and their first blog challenge, I have chosen to work with "Princess Annabelle".  Isn't she just adorable, a perfect image to use on a card for that favourite little girl in your life, a must in anyone's digital collection.  She is available in the Etsy shop here https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/532808386/princess-annabelle-image-stamp?ref=shop_home_active_7, or if you want to have a look at all Mary's designs just click on this link https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/Createfulheartdigis?ref=l2-shopheader-name. While you're clicking links go to Createful Heart Digis & Design Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1802862793362586/ and join in the fun. You will find the guidelines of the group in the files section, along with a Members Birthday file, so be sure to read the guidelines and put your details in the birthday and blog folders.  When it's your birthday, Mary has a great deal if you purchase 2 digis from the shop, you can email her for another image free.  I could not pass on that deal myself; "Happy Birthday Gail", I bought you two new digis for your collection, but you will actually be getting three, great present! Well have I forgotten anything to tell you in my first post for Createful Heart, probably yes, but in my favour, this would be the longest blog post I have ever done. Blog posting still scares me a bit! Oh yeah, I forgot, what did I use in my creation?  Well I coloured in Copics, with a bit of Copic Purple Glitter Pen thrown in here and there and some Stella Clear. The background design paper came from one of those 6 x 6 pads you find in your travels, can't even remember which shop, could have even been Big W some time ago, but I thought it really suited the little princess theme.  I created the heart and sentiment in Publisher, because I always use Publisher to do my digital stamp arranging and the flowers, they are from my never-ending stash.  I hope you like Createful Heart Digis as much as I do and join our Group. Also check out our 1st Blog Challenge, it runs from 15th August until 14th September - you have plenty of time to put in an entry. For those of us who don't live in Mary's home state of Indiana, USA, she has put a clock on her blog which is very helpful to those of us in opposite ends of the world, to help you work out the time differences for the challenge dates/times.  See you again soon!  Gail xxx
The challenges I am entering with Princess Annabelle are:



9 comments:

  1. What a great posting for the first challenge! I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Gail, your card is so magnificent! Love the flower embellies with those delightful pearls and sheer ribbon. Fab coloring! I'm so happy to be sharing a spot on the DT with you. I know we're going to have fun. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I looked for a "Follow by Email" tool or something so that I could follow your blog but didn't see one. If you add one, please let me know. :-D

      Delete
  3. How sweet, Gail and what pretty colors and embellies. Perfect for a princess. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, your card is brilliant. The background paper and the little flowers are so spot on. What happy times we will have on the DT. Big Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beutiful creation!!! Love the colours you have on this!! Lovely princess!!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    HUGS Cicci
    TTCRD DT
    Cicci With the Pen {welcome to vistit my blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! Love the added embellishments for a little princess birthday card. What little girl wouldn't want to receive this wonderful design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gail, this card is so pretty! I am very happy to have you on my DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet image you you've really made it even sweeter if possible! Love how you colored her and love your pretty layout... I can see my niece playing on her bedroom floor!

    ReplyDelete